Sunday, October 12, 2014

My poem Thieves in the Night…

A Study in Terror (1965) - IMDb

Kay's History Personality: Blind man…

http://kayfgibbsstayingalive.blogspot.com/2013/07/this-is-about-clairvoyance-and-i-have.html

Eyes in the Night film could be related to my poem??????

Thieves in the Night

Thieves in the night

Eyes darting left and right,

Lurking in the dark,

waiting for the broad.

His cold, rough hand

smothering her screams,

wet with sweat,

He took what he demanded.

She gathered her clothes

Her naked body bruised and battered

Stumbling to the street

She yelled, Police!

Help me she cried

To a passerby,

I’ve been raped.

They just gaped.

She stopped a policeman

Help me she pleaded

I’ve been raped

Station’s that way, he greeted.

He continued his beat,

In the midnight heat,

But I’ve been raped

She repeated.

She ran to the station

Walked to the desk

In panic and desperation

Gave the officer her summation.

I’m sorry he said

There is nothing we can do

There were no eyewitnesses

Oh no! she cried

Out of the station she fled

To her home

And to her bed

The next morning she was dead.

Kay Frances Gibbs 

April 1996.