Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My father caned a chair and I think my Aunt Bessie did too…

http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/NACJD/studies/8481

ICPSR 8481 Page 11
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
BEG END
NAME VARIABLE LABEL CARD COL COL FMT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
OCCUPAT OCCUPATION 1 22 24 F3
1 Accountant – Mary Ann Gibbs Green
2 Acrobat
3 Actress
4 Artist – I went to college to be an artist, stole the suit case – aspirin, took an overdose
5 Baker - JOb
6 Bank Teller
7 Barmaid,bartender
8 Beautician,beauty culturist beauty doctor
9 Bookkeeper
10 Brushmaker
11 Buttonmker,button operator,buttonhole maker – my aunts both collected buttons
12 Cable telegraph operator - *
13 Cashier – Kay was a cashier for 5 years
14 Caterer
15 Chair caner – my aunt and father caned chairs