Sunday, November 22, 2015

A long shot–Kissenger ~ Kissing her ~ Three Faces of Eve…

Kissinger: “The American president will have to decide whether Beirut, or whatever the issue may be, is worth about 30,000,000 American lives.   In practice, I'm afraid the American president will have to decide that it is not worth it, and it will therefore encourage the piecemeal taking-over of the world by Soviet aggression.”

View of a Disordered Mind

Mama, please! Please don't...
- Jane?
- Please, please!
- What happened, Jane, under the house?
- She made me kiss her!
She made me kiss her!
Mama, please!
(children chant) l'll beat you! l'll beat you!
- l'll beat you!
- l'll beat you!
Evie! Evie?
- Come on, sugar, time to get your clothes on.
- l'll be there in a minute, Mama.
Come on, Evie. I don't want to
come in there after you.
You come on this minute, do you hear?
You've got to kiss Grandma goodbye.
Then you won't miss her so much
if you kiss her goodbye, sugar pie.
You know that.
Please don't make me.
I don't want to. Oh, Papa.
Evie, darling. Evie,
you do like your mommy says.
Come on, now, you give her to me.
I know, sugar. All you've got to do is kiss her.
- Don't make me, please.
- Then you won't miss her so much.
- Mama, I don't want to, Mama.
- You've got to kiss her goodbye.
I don't want to. Please, Mama.
(sobs) Please, please! I don't want to.
Kiss her goodbye,
so you won't miss her so much.
(screams hysterically)
She didn't mean any wrong by it.
It was just the way
people thought in those days.
If you kissed the dead face, it was a sweet
goodbye and you wouldn't miss her so much.
That's all she meant.
Do you think a great deal about death now?
No.
Just that...
"Life's a city full of straying streets,
and death's the marketplace
where each one meets."
Just that. Someday, it'll happen.
Who wrote that? That poem?
- Shakespeare, wasn't it?
- Where did you learn it?
In high school.
Mr Montgomery recited it to us one day.
- Who was Mr Montgomery?
- The English teacher.
Who was your first teacher? Your very first,
when you first started going to school?
That was in Fortsville. Miss Bates.
In the second grade?
Miss Bates in the first grade.
Miss Griffith in the second grade.
Miss Stewart in the third grade.
And... and then we moved to Richmond and
we had Miss Patterson in the fourth grade.
Do you remember all of them?
- May I say 'em?
- Go on.
And in Richmond, we lived on Fifth Street.
Right next door to the Thompsons.
Rick and Mary Lou Thompson.
And... and Mr Thompson worked
at the railroad, in the machine shop.
Because I remember one Sunday
he took us all down to look at the machines.
Rick and Mary Lou and Florence and myself.
Florence is my cousin.
- I remember.
- May I speak to Mrs White?
- Do you have to?
- Mrs White?
She's gone.
Eve?
- They're gone.
- Eve Black?
They're gone, I tell you. Both of them.
They're gone and there's
nobody else here but me.
I know it. I can feel it.
And I can remember.
I can remember everything.
Mama and Papa and Bonnie...
I can remember.
Oh, I can remember, I can remember.
That was in the fall of 1953.
On September 17th, 1955,
Dr Luther received a special-delivery
airmail letter from Richmond, Virginia.
(Jane) "Dear Dr Luther,
Do you remember what today is? "
"It's the second anniversary
of that day in your office,
and still no more Eve White
and no more Eve Black."
"That's why we decided it was safe
at last to have Bonnie with us."
"And so here we all are, Earl and Bonnie
and me, going home together."
Marisa Castle de Joncaire

More Movie Scripts | Request