Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Car, The (1977) Movie Script | SS

I want you to remember,
a young man was killed today...
passing through our town,
and I don't like it.
I don't like it at all.
Goodbye.
Enough.
All right, that was delicious.
Miss Humphries, I'd like to speak
to you for a moment.
- Sure.
- In private.
Okay, take a break.
And we will rehearse this march for real.
All right. Okay girls, up.
Come on, over here. Right here.
I would like to know what this is.
This is sweet.
Look, Miss McDonald, he's made me a 36-D.
- You know who did it?
- Sure. This is Tommy Ness again.
His proportion's always off.
- Are you saying that's a picture of you?
- Yes.
- Well, I must say, I'm surprised.
- Why?
Lauren, do you think it's healthy
for a 13-year-old boy...
to imagine his teacher naked?
- Absolutely.
- Well, not in this school, it isn't.
- Do you think she's ever been...
- No.
There's my baby. Don't forget
to wish him a happy anniversary.
A what?
It's two years today he's been off the booze.
- Hi.
- Hi, what're you doing here?
- Hi, Wade.
- Time to change drivers.
- Hello, Captain.
- Crooks beware.
Well, how about a hug, you hunk?
- Honey, here?
- Isn't that darling? He's so shy.
Daddy!
- Hi, guys.
- Hi, turkeys.
- Hi, Margie.
- Hi.
We're gonna get to be cowgirls
in the parade.
- You're never no such thing.
- 'Cause we know how to ride.
Who knew first?
- I did.
- I did.
The bell, girls. Don't you have a gym class?
- Bye, Daddy.
- Bye.
Yeah, this is Wade. Come on.
It's me, Fats.
We're at the north side of the High Road.
We got some bad news here.
Everett just arrived,
and he wants you pronto.
- Okay.
- Bye-bye.
Come on.
Tell me it was an accident.
- No way, Everett.
- Has she got a locket? Heart shaped?
Yeah, she does.
God damn. Damn it.
What in the hell is going on?
Wade, you know
Dr. Pullbrook's daughter, Suzie?
- You ever seen her?
- Yeah. Why?
You think you'd know her
if you saw her again?
What do you mean, Ev?
Well, she took off last Thursday
with a guy by the name of Pete Keil.
Bicycling, you know, camping.
Pete Keil? Lmpossible.
Well, how do you know?
Well, the kis a neighbour of mine. He told
me he was going to Ogden on Thursday.
- He told you?
- Yeah.
Well, how come?
A few years back the kid was
in my Bible class, you know...
and then his dad died,
and Pete kind of took a shine to me.
It couldn't be him.
He had a job interview in Ogden
on Thursday. I gave him a letter.
- Has he got a mother?
- Yeah. Alice.
Alice? Well, maybe he lied to Alice...
because he didn't want her to know what
he had on his mind about Suzie. Anyway...
Ev, the kid has never lied to me.

Car, The (1977) Movie Script | SS