Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I’ve read a good many of these books in their entirety and chapters of others…

Kay's History II: Kay’s Books…updated

My roommate read Games Alcoholics Play and recommended it.  I read some of it but didn’t care for the labeling, the book isn’t written so the brain receives the information correctly.  This is what I found to be a problem with most of the anecdotal information in the psychology books.  They made me uncomfortable internally, like they were trying to confuse my mind.

I also read some of Alice Miller’s, Thou Shalt Not Be Aware, The Untouched Key, For Your Own Good, Banished Knowledge, Susan Brown-Miller’s book Against Our Will, Janet Woitiz’s book, Healing Your Sexual Self and Adult Children of Alcoholics.  This was the first time I had heard adult children of alcoholics.  I then read Claudia Black’s Repeat After Me, and the Workbook.  I think I also read It Will Never happen to Me, loaned me by a friend and I then purchased the one below.  I also read Against the Grain a book about women in wood working.

I also read Claude Steiner’s Life Scripts.  There was a book offered by the AA bookstore on Patterns, similar to Life Scripts I thought would have been helpful but I never got it.

I read some of Moore’s Dark Eros, Shapiro’s Autonomy and Rigid Character, and Schwartz-Salant’s Transference Countertransference.    

I also read some of Courage to Heal but I didn’t like some it so I never finished it.