Sunday, September 28, 2014

I have mentioned viewing the Three Stooges in my youth…

…and as a result pulled my sister’s curly hair once and my brother bit her on the arm once after having seen these episodes.  My brother was also hit in the head with a hammer.  I recently discovered a cousin who resides in Greensboro, was hospitalized because she was experiencing episodes of wanting to pull out her own hair.  My sister developed a pattern of putting herself in situations in which she would be the object of discontent of others, see Fairbairn and Object Relations.  I developed a re-enacting pattern of behavior in which I would act out the content of the mind.  My brother developed a pattern of putting himself in abusive situations also.  My mother topped us form viewing so much television for a while and we played board games and played with our toys for entertainment, often re-enacting things others had seen ion television as well as ourselves.

I forgot about the things of my youth because I stuck my finger in a light socket plugged into the wall and electrocuted myself, Jurassic Park, this also happened to Stalin’s son.  I now think some of these problems were from patients in a psychiatric hospital who had been given shock treatments, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, and their children may have had the propensity for re-enacting this trauma which was dissociated and projected away from the self.  I think this treatment developed from the idea of psychological shocks such as those received from the reading of Edgar Alan Poe’s works or other horror stories.  It may also related to Thomas Aquinas’ discovery that halted his writing during the 1200’s.  My sister found herself again the object of projections and dissociations during her pregnancy when her husband punched her in the abdomen while she was pregnant, discovered to be the film, If Someone Hard Known, about a woman who was on trial for murdering her husband.

There seems to be no true psychological benefit in viewing the television unless you are studying these patters of behavior, are desirous in wanting to create these behaviors for the purposes of profit or are a writer wishing to exploit the brains and minds of others in pursuit of profit.