Saturday, February 7, 2015

If I Had a Million (1932) Kay has not seen it…

- I'm positive. He's the guy, all right.
- Great. He'll go up for life if we catch him.
- Life? For forgery?
- Sure. It's his fourth offence.
Sure it means life.
Locked up as long as he lives.
Yes, it's absolutely all yours.
Can I do what I want with it?
You can spend it exactly as you please,
young man.
When can I get cash on this?
I gotta blow town and I'm in a spot.
- Cash?
- Yes, I gotta have it.
It's my dough, ain't it?
Why do you need so much cash?
I need it, that's all.
And where can I get it?
- Aren't you known at any banks?
- Plenty.
I'll take care of that. You'll have to
excuse me now, Pop. I gotta work fast.
- Good luck.
- Thanks. I'll need it.
And thanks a million times.
All of it? I'm afraid that's impossible,
Mr Jackson. No bank has that much cash.
Oh, of course.
Well... well, could I have part of it?
- How much would you like?
- Would 100,000 be too much?
Well, I'll have to see about it,
Mr Jackson.
If you'll kindly endorse this,
I'll see what I can do about it.
Forger! Forger!
Bank forger!
Extra! Bank forger escapes!
- Paper, mister?
- Yeah.
- Gimme all of them.
- All of 'em?
- Yeah, come on.
- Gee, thanks!
Now scram.
Just a moment, Mr Jackson.
Mr Galloway. I want to congratulate you
on your good fortune.
I'm sorry.
Oh, thanks.
Mr Bolan tells me you'd like some cash -
a rather considerable amount.
I was planning quite an extensive trip.
I see.
But that's a lot of money, you know?
However, if you wait in my office,
I'll see if it can be arranged.
I'd rather wait here.
You see, I was expecting Mrs Jackson.
Just as you say.
Extra!
Read all about the bank forger.
Paper, sir?
Thanks.
Thanks.
You think I'm a fool?
I wouldn't cash a cheque for $10 for you.
It's on the level.
The whole thing is yours for 50 grand.
Just because I need dough
and I can't cash it myself.
I've read the newspapers
and you're hot - hot as a stove.
You figured out this little scheme
to get some quick dough.
You'll have to try it on somebody else,
Eddie. I hope you find the right sucker.
- Where's Mike?
- In the office.

If I Had a Million (1932) Movie Script | SS