Monday, January 14, 2013

Traumatic re-enactments and they might be passed on…updated

Kay's History II: Not necessarily, traumatic re-enactments can be passed on…

…despite the original incident being acted out, those who are traumatized and who do not repress their trauma, will seek to repeat the drama until they gain mastery over it.  This is according to the Sidran Press.  This then means that a woman who is raped may seek to recreate her trauma in order to defeat her perpetrator, maybe even kill him.  This is true as I was kidnapped and sodomized by a car salesman in 1975.  I did suppress those memories and continued to go shopping for a car alone long after the event happened, until after I got out of prison in 1991.  When I went to buy a car this time, I got a male relative to go with me. 

I had also moved many times after the incident so had many enmeshments as well.

I could have talked about this to many people ridding myself of it through transference, I didn’t.

Someone has pointed out the car salesman may have been trying to hurt me as I was sold the car believing the brakes were ok I questioned when I test drove the car.  The salesman claimed it was just dust on the brakes.  I later discovered there were completely worn down.  I had them repaired at the dealership after a week of disagreement with the dealer and after agreeing to repair them I drove the car to my apartment about 30 miles away and just before arriving near a roundabout, I had no brakes.  Luckily there was a station nearby and I rolled in and left the car over night.  The next day the salesman told me the brake line had been left loose.