Friday, March 29, 2013

What I think about ego disintegration…

I am a first born, my brother and sister inherited my parents from me as little children.   They represent parts of myself and my own ego and the id of my parents.  I caught on to a problem with the idea of letting go of your past as I have heard it so often.  I wondered where I was going to put it, so I wrote about it.

The idea of letting go can trigger something quite different in the brain, especially if someone has given you a command on which you have built your ego or life, it’s a gift hang on to it.  Telling someone to let go may be the beginning of the end.

I listened to a progressive relaxation tape that includes this statement as part of the relaxation process.  I did not understand the potential harm it might cause me.