Thursday, November 21, 2013

Perhaps they were trying to ascertain whether Freud’s theory about acting out was true…

Most of the Tales of Tomorrow were from 1951-1953.  I didn’t steal the wallet until 1967.  Alone it does not cure the problem.  If the mind is cleared then acting out becomes unnecessary.  Acting out can and does stop the problem for the actor but if they are lifted, then those who are doing the lifting become subject to the mental content and may act it out also.  Acting out or re-enacting does nothing to erase the verbal behavior active in the mind.  It will makes its way around again and is likely the cause of many obsessive compulsive behaviors like Lady Macbeth.   There is a 500 year old piece of work totally ignored by scientists. 

I did confess the deed to a psychoanalyst in 1984 but she stopped me as she stated that kind of honesty was not what saved alcoholics, although I would argue the point as I had felt badly about the incident all my life until that day, but then it came back to haunt me until I discovered Millbank and it’s potential connections to me.  Then I got angry as I had suffered needlessly for so many years and had damaged myself with alcohol for feeling like a misfit (Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer), really a criminal.  I knew I wasn’t but had hardly a clue as to how to save myself.