Sunday, June 1, 2014

Jung's Synchronicity...

I went to the library yesterday and checked out several books, mostly Jungian, a
couple on Synchronicity. After I arrived home I was eager to get into the books.
As it happened I opened one of the books, Synchronicity, CG Jung, Psychoanalysis
and Religion, by MD Faber to page 110, Transferential Synchronicity. After
reading a few pages, I was surprised to discover that it perfectly described
just what I had been experiencing and had experienced many times but did not
have the appropriate words to describe. Was this a synchronistic event? Maybe. I
have had these experiences many times as a child. If I were having a problem
spiritually I could think about it and then immediately open the Bible to a
passage that was applicable. It amazed me at how this could happen. I was led to
begin reading Jung in 1987 and have been discovering this knowledge ever since.
I think I know now the soul I possess. My grandmother read her Bible everyday
and from what I am told she read it many times. I was 2 1/2 years old when she
passed away. She looked like Mother Theresa, short, petite, thin, large nose.

"During the midst of the transference, Meier observes, synchronisitic events are
experienced with some frequency. Why? Practically every analyst becomes a
savior-god to his patient and this constellates an archetype which brings the
patient powerful affluxes of emotion. In such an intense transferential climate
synchronicities are bound to occur, synchronicities which harbor the potential
to move the patient out of his stagnant condition. For Bolen, a deep connection
must occur for the analytic process to be effective, and when such a connection
does in fact occur synchronistic events may take place. Indeed Bolen claims a
powerful transference from patient to doctor can lead to parapsychological
phenomena, to telepathic messages and extrasensory perceptions from which
archetypal materials including synchronicity emerge. It is the interwoven shared
psyche of the therapist and the patient that calls forth the collective
unconscious. According to Aziz, it is the bonding between analyst and analysand
that explains a wide range of synchronisitic phenomena. Such bonding transpires
beyond the dimensions of ordinary time and space, it removes the participants to
a transcendent religious realm best described in the literatire as shamanism and
theological metaphysics.

Wilhelm Stekel describes these phenomena as unsophisticated. I then opened
Aziz's book by the same title to page 133, the Synchronistic Patterning of
Events.

What I have accomplished here now about the Tower of Babel and the nautilus
shell, is what I was trying to accomplish in 1987-89, this awareness, that was
interrupted by various events, including imprisonment. And just as there exists
in the universe opposing forces of nature, there exists those persons who oppose
the force of life with their destructiveness. It is clear that this knowledge
can be used for the preservation of life and it can be exploited for another's
profit.

Kay F Gibbs