Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Kay's Place, History, Television and Entanglements...: What do I know about verbal behavior?

Thursday, July 25, 2013

What do I know about verbal behavior?

Kay's History Personality: BF Skinner ~ Verbal Behavior, 1973…

…I know films are and have been creating behavior via dialogue.  I know Twelve Angry Men was mixed up in my father’s psyche.  I have no knowledge of who viewed it.  Apparently the person or persons with whom my father was connected, must have generated thoughts regarding the account.  There must have been statements to the affect that the boy was beaten and that the jury who wished to convict the boy should kill themselves.  I was beaten by my father in 1964, the film had been out for 7 years ~ Seven Year Itch.  I was told my grandfather did do this to his children ~ “spare the rod, spoil the child” – more verbal behavior.  He was a poor farmer so there was no chance of the children being spoiled.

I also found similar results from the film Please Murder Me - “she ought to be killed”, I am sure came from my mother, and other dialogue and behavior associated with the film The Woman in Green.  I have not been doing the things I have been doing because I am conscious of what I have been doing but because I was acting out the content of the mind.  I have only become conscious of it in the last several years, which grew out of my discovery of The Woman in Green.  Music has also affected me this way, Dang Me and Me and Bobby McGee are just a few…

kay bandanas

Kay's Place, History, Television and Entanglements...: What do I know about verbal behavior?