Monday, July 27, 2015

I have had an obsession with Stones, Rolling Stones, Sly and The Family Stone, Sharon Stone, Oliver Stone…

- Gray killed her.
- We can't be sure of that.
- I am sure and I mean to report it.
It's like Burke and Hare all over again.
I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't report it.
Grave-robbing is one thing. This is murder.
I don't know that. Neither do you.
This subject may have been an epileptic.
Thrown a fit...
fallen out of bed,
cracked her skull, and killed herself.
There's everything explained.
- That bruise on her forehead.
- I can't believe that.
Believe it or not,
it's best that you pretend that you do.
After all, you ordered this subject...
received it here and paid for it,
that makes you a party to murder.
If it was murder.
- But I didn't ask him to kill.
- Who would believe that?
And then, you know,
someone else might recognize her.
She was as well-known
as the Castle Rock.

Now that you know
that you're Knox's man and my friend.
Aye, forever.
I'm my own man and I'll have no more
to do with you, Gray.
Why should I be afraid of you?
What are you holding over me?
I'll tell you what.
I stood up in the witness box and took
what should have been coming to you.
I ran through the streets with the mud
and the stones around my ears...
and the mob yelling for my blood
because you were afraid to face it.
- Yes, and you're still afraid.
- No, I'm not afraid. Tell.
Shout it from the housetops,
but remember this:
They hanged Burke, they mobbed Hare.
But Dr. Knox is living like a gentleman
in London.

I know you kill people to sell bodies.
You say you came here of your own
account? No one sent you?
No one knows that you are here?
Give me money...
or I'll tell the police
you murder the subjects.
Joseph, you shall have money.
Why should you not?
I don't suppose the great Dr. MacFarlane
is over-lavish with his pay?
- No.
- Here, have a glass of this.

image