Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Storm in a Teacup…

We got to get to that council meeting.

Talking of meetings,

you might have met me at the pier.

Of his own rights and his own wrongs.
A leader must have that
strange sixth sense...

____________________________

The case of your dog is
finished once and for all!
Dog?
But you told me this
was about your little son!
No, I asked you to be kind
but you mistook me.
Not that he's not like a son to me!
And now...
Now they're going to kill him.
What rubbish!
Who's going to kill a little dog?
The corporation, and the police
and the Provost.
Father!
Father!
Is this true about Mrs.
Hegarty's little dog?
She's persistently defied the law
in the matter of the dog tax.

Jamais d'un Principe, toujours d'un homme.
Hear, hear!
If you are so keen on dogs,
save up and get a new one!
- A new dog? A new dog?
- And next time, pay the tax.
Vickie, put her out.
Now, what was I saying before that
unconscionable interlude?

I suppose you know what you've done?
You've slandered a fine honourable man.
It's despicable.
What harm has my father
ever done to you?
To me...
No harm.
So why did you stabbed him
in the back like this?
Why did you do it?
It's hard to explain...
No decent action is ever hard to explain.
No, perhaps not.
You don't mean that idiotic business
about that dog?