Saturday, September 19, 2015

Kay was drinking Newcastle Beer at the Wine Cellar in 1998…

Black Friday (1940) Movie Script | SS

Scorned Film 1995, Becker and I, maid is tripped down stairs to basement…

image

It seems that Louis Devore,
one of the Red Cannon gang,
was found early this morning
in a deserted building
dying from the effects
of a brutal beating.
His back had been broken.
Good heavens, Ernest.
Why on earth bother me
with that gruesome stuff?
Sorry, George.
Things have taken
a dangerous turn.
Kingsley has killed Devore.
While in this environment
I never know
when the murderous brain
of Red Cannon

______________________________

George Kingsley,
was conducting his class
at the University
of Newcastle...
And in 1547
Sir Joshua Peachtree wrote:
"Thou who breakest glass
will find
"Fate can be,
oh, most unkind
"Under ladder walkest thee,
most unlucky thou wilt be
"Each dread Friday
do take care
Else thou fallest
down the stair."
And with that little epic,
Sir Joshua proved
that he was a poet
of the first rank.
In fact, I should say,
he possibly was
the rankest poet
That England ever turned out.
Just a moment, please.
Just a moment.
This being
the end of the semester,
I have an announcement
to make
that I'm sure will give you
a great deal of pleasure,
although I myself
am sorry to tell you
that I may not be with you
next term.
Today I must leave
to appear before
the inquisitional board
of regents
of a very large university
in the east.

_____________________________

You know, Jean,
I'm going to miss all this.
But most of all,
I'm going to miss your father.
A brilliant man, Jean.
It distresses me
to think that
such a great brain surgeon
should be so utterly wasted
in Newcastle

_________________________________.

Mr. Devore, it would have been
poor business to kill Red,
unless I knew
how to locate the money.
Turn back to the city.
Ernest.
He's going to be all right,
my dear.
Now, you go home with Jean
and I'll call you later.
We'll be waiting, Dad.
Come, Margaret.
Ambulance, huh?
Uh-huh.
Some men
were shooting at you.
Who were they?
Just a few of my pals.
How bad am I hurt?
Few minor cuts on the scalp.
That's all.
Any pain?
No, not much.
Who's the other customer?
The man you ran down.
He's dying.
Softy, huh?
Did those guys get away?
Yes.
Then pull the bell cord
of this bus.
This is where I get off.
I'm goin' rat-killin'.
Hey, I'm tied down.
What is this? A pinch?
Turn that thing off.
I can't stand it.
It's driving me crazy!
It's no use, Sovac.
Kingsley has compound frontal
and parietal fracture
and severe concussion
of the cerebrum.
Just a matter of hours,
or minutes.
Pulse 65. He's in a coma.
All right, Nurse.
You can go. I'll stay.
What's the matter with me,
Doc?
Thanks.
What's the matter with me,
Doc?
I can't feel nothing.
My legs are there,
but I can't feel 'em.
Your spine is broken.
You're paralyzed.
Well, pull me through,
Doc, will you?
Pull me through
and I'll pay you anything.
The only possible way
to save George Kingsley's life
is by a brain transplantation,
an operation
I performed successfully
on animals.
This is a dangerous
and illegal operation,
but a chance to make
a great scientific discovery,
and perhaps save
my friend's life.
Ern, how long
will his head be bandaged?
Oh, not long now.
Dr. Sovac.
Yes?

___________________________________
Two gentlemen want to see you.
Who are they?
They are detectives,
I believe.
I'll see them.
Excuse me, please.
I'll be right back, George.
A miraculous recovery,
Mrs. Kingsley.
Amazing.
It's Cannon, all right.
Well, Doctor,
the head injuries
cause death?
And many complications.
His spine was broken.
We did all we could for him.
Don't feel badly
about it, Doctor.
He wasn't worth it.
He had nothing
but the electric chair
to live for.