Sunday, July 29, 2012

This is the man I deduced was Joseph Merrick and was the pick-pocket and stole a suit case...

Patrick Reilly
Reilly was convicted of cutting ladies skirts with a razor at Edinburgh Waverley station on 28 February 1918. Being insane he was sent to Morningside Asylum.

> About us > History > Crime history > Rogues gallery

…I think stealing the suit case was not part of the scenario but part of who he may have been mixed up with which I acted out at Rose’s Department store where I also stole the wallet, in 1967 at age 12.   Since I did not have my own suit case I took that one to complete the compulsion I was possessed of.

Didn’t steal anything from Woolworth’s. 

Merrick must have been stealing wallets from patrons of the “Sideshow”.   It may have been Merrick who took mad and walked out of a bar leaving his friend behind intending to walk 20 miles back to where he was living after an argument.  He was arrested for being publically drunk.  

I connected this incident to Perly Street in Massachusetts and a Dorothy Perly and an incident, I acted out in 1977,  which may have occurred at Woolworth’s there and where she was thrown out – Down From The Mountain