Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I have read few novels…updated

Trixie Belden mystery stories in my youth, Albert Camus, The Plague for college course work; high school literature studies including Cyrano de Bergerac read out loud in class, Edgar Alan Poe’s Cask of Amontillado, The Tell Tale Heart, Poe; William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet which I think we read out loud in class; The Pit and the Pendulum, also by Poe; The Necklace, by Guy de Maupassant; Flaubert’s Sentimental Education, The Martinsville Seven, Eric Rise; and snippets of things here and there and that is about it.  I have read a few short stories, Death of a Salesman, by Arthur Miller; and something by O. Henry I think, The Gift of The Magi, some Anne Sexton poetry.  I have read mostly educational things like psychology and science.

I tried reading Cymbeline but I couldn’t get into it.  Shakespeare is difficult to interpret.  I did like his sonnets.  I almost forgot I did read Rita Mae Brown’s novel, Ruby Fruit Jungle, mostly out of curiosity.  I found her story telling to be quite good.

I think I am the subject’s object of affections in  Southern Discomfort – “a bottle of Southern Comfort will loosen her up…”

I have viewed a considerable amount of television and films.