Wednesday, October 3, 2012

This is faulty thinking…updated

Man cannot live without a permanent trust in something indestructible within himself, though both that indestructible something and his own trust in it may remain permanently concealed from him.[72]

Franz Kafka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

…man will not live with such ideas in his mind, and leads one to careless potentially destructive behavior.   Accepting one’s physical nature and it’s imminent demise by, at the least, natural causes, directs man’s thinking toward a more sane life.  How do I know this?  I listened to Helen Reddy’s I Am Woman, “I am invincible”, and of course this supported the Superman series I viewed.  These words played over and over in my brain until I believed them.  I feel it totally destroyed my femininity.   I in no way infer man should run and hide from his neighbor but nor should be assume his neighbor always has his best interests in mind.