Tuesday, November 12, 2013

How my accident happened in 1978…

…In 1978 I hit my mother’s car in the rear.  I thought it was due to her accident in 1963 when she was rear-ended after stopping at a railroad track crossing.  I didn’t realize once the accident happened it was over, unless of course you are still connected to some onlooker but after 15 years that would be highly unlikely.  Just yesterday I was having a conversation with someone about the things that happened to me.  In giving an account of what I was doing in 1982 [delivering flowers for several florists in the Raleigh, NC area along with my roommate], I realized our behavior was like that I had seen in the film Mother Juggs and Speed.  I thought it was kind of comical until I viewed the trailer and discovered a cop car had rear-ended the ambulance in the film.   Seconds later I realized it was the cause of my 1978 accident.  I was driving this big red bomb that easily looked like an old version of a cop car likely from the late 50’s early 60’s, like in Car 54 Where Are You.  I recollected I took some legal courses in 1976-77 I soon dropped.  I realized I must have identified with the police again, since I had once been fixated on Sherlock Holmes, when I rear-ended my mother in 1978 a year later.  This means I shifted my perceptions during the viewing of the film and it is possible someone else viewed the film I was connected to, who also had a similar reaction.  I was clearly still affected by the hypnotic suggestion as well.  My mother’s car happened to have been blue and mine was red, the colors of the ambulance.  It is also clear my roommate was acting out scenes when the gurney flew out the back of one of the ambulances.  She would go to the back of the van and she would be cursing at the cars making stupid moves on the road, people cutting us off, etc.     

image 

I obtained a copy of this transcript after I enrolled in Beaufort Community College in 1987.  I was commuting three times per week, 134 miles round trip [“the long road, the long winding road…”].

image