Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Prior to purchasing these items…updated

Kay's Commentating Personality: How I learned my mother was hypnotized…

…I purchased a stop smoking tape by Barrie Konicov as I had been trying to stop smoking on my own.  I succeeded for 18 months but then started smoking and drinking again.  Both had gotten worse since quitting.  I think it is possible this was due to ideas put into my head about that while attending AA, this was the thinking of some.  I purchased the tape for support while trying to quit and found it to be very effective.  My desire for cigarettes has stopped.  Any desire I might feel briefly is from those who smoke with whom I associate.  The script used was helpful and I learned I smoked most when I was angry or others were projecting the smoking when they were angry, likely at the inducement to smoke.  I had not fully recovered my memories from my childhood which likely contributed.  What I had yet to learn was what can happen in social settings and verbal discourse and this was my weakness while attending AA.  I clearly understand I was conditioned by the television to be more receptive to permitting this to happen to me.