Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A chat with God, not all of it…

God: …Now mentally ill is a word used that would just depend upon the nature of the person observing the so defined individual. I understand certain professional people have attempted to dispel this notion of crazy or mentally ill, etc., and I think rightly so. Even Jesus would have been considered psychotic and delusional by the best of the American Psychiatric Association. Those who sent him up to be crucified as well as those who crucified him, would be convicted of conspiracy to commit murder and murder in the first degree by your standards today, as it is not a crime to call one's self the son of God. Then he might get himself a nice bed in the insane asylum, yet they'd be hard pressed to do that because he was not a harm to himself or others. Even today nearly every Christian man and woman accepts and believes that Jesus was indeed the son of GOD, which in my infinite knowledge and understanding, as I am not a church going man, means that he possessed the soul of my son. (See Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols, pg. 192.). He was the pinnacle of knowledge and wisdom from hundreds of years of existence and they destroyed it and him. Admittedly a nice bed in an insane asylum is far better than that stone sepulchre they stuck him in after they hanged that innocent man from the cross, thinking they had saved mankind from an evil doer.
Kay: Uh, huh, I don't think you know what our mental hospitals are really like God.
God: Ok, well...but you see, the real deal is, the Temple Priests were profiting from their deeds in the form of collecting money, they were dressing nicely and living well, looked up to, consulted by many, yet they cast the diseased and the sick out of their city and into the wilderness.
Kay: Collecting money?
God: Getting paid for information just like the Jew who betrayed Moses and Judas who betrayed Jesus for a handful of coins, and certain other things. Then along came Jesus, a poor man, representing my son, who set out to teach people about love. He didn't ask for money, food, water or shelter. The Temple Priests suddenly realized this man spoke words so powerful that he could certainly threaten their profitable livelihood-or was it revenge for the killing of the Egyptian soldier-I've always wondered about that. Anyway, they arranged for him to be terminated, defense mechanisms being what they are and they got someone else to do their dirty work. They used the Romans, just as my son Moses had been used to get his people out of Egypt-they hounded that kid until he finally gave in to their wishes-then he was betrayed to the Pharaoh by his own Jewish brother for money, just as Judas betrayed Jesus. Notice the pattern here? Yes I know it's a tragic series of events a story your now deceased, Shakespeare could have told.
Kay: Well if what you say is true then Shakespeare lives on. Not to change the subject, but if you feel this way, then surely you must think Hitler was evil and insane.
God: Hmm, yes, I heard about him. The holocaust was a travesty of Tophet and so was King Nebuchadnezzar’s criminal acts. These were terrible, terrible events. It pains me to think of them. I cannot make excuses for the ignorance of my people. It was like the blind leading the blind I suppose. I heard you were going to write a story called the Pit of Tophet, what happened? Have you read my second Book of Kings?
Kay: No, I didn’t read 2Kings thoroughly. I was already depressed when I was into reading the Bible and it just made me more depressed. I was going to write a story about Tophet, but I had no idea it had anything to do with the Bible. I found the word in the dictionary but it made no reference to the Book of Kings. My grandmother read her Bible completely, more than once I understand.
God: Figures you wouldn’t find reference to my book in the dictionary. It was a catastrophic period for my people and I guess no one recognized the script, until it was too late and now it has had tragic consequences for my descendants.
Kay: I know, it’s terrible to think of. I was feeling particularly oppressed during the time, I came up with that idea. I felt I had been spawned for the maleficent burdens of a sick society and that it was my duty to absolve the sins of others, which I knew I could not do. I figured out that the only way to get out of it was to write about it. Maybe I should pursue it.
God: My heavens, I wonder if Jesus felt that way?
Kay: Dunno, but I know I am not here to absolve anyone’s sins, that is a fallacy. So, back to the Priests.
God: I admit Moses was wrong for killing the soldier, even if he was defending his fellow Jew, but can you, will you, give Jesus a new trial and will you convict the true criminals in this matter? Jesus is not even one of my people.
Kay: I don’t know if that’s possible, a lot of people want to believe he died for them. For some reason they don’t feel good about themselves and they need this man to make them feel better, and it’s not even in his power to do that, but they believe it is.
God: Maybe the temple priests didn’t feel good about themselves and that’s why they cast the sick and diseased out of their city.