Thursday, August 23, 2012

I finished viewing Out on a Limb last night…updated

What's In Kay's Mind 2: After reading some in Psychology of the Transference…

…I had not been able to view the rest of the film in 1986-87 when I think I did attempt seeing it.  My job hours were such that I had to work at night.  Talk about being interrupted.   So now I have taken the opportunity to view this film in its entirety again, still being interrupted from learning its content from beginning to end.  This is a clue to some larger picture.

I specifically wanted to mention here briefly, I noticed transferences or projections numerous times between MacClaine and Jerry, especially when Jerry was giving his goodbye speech to Shirley, then it came back to her when she said goodbye to David.  I feel this was an invaluable portrayal of opposites, a woman not crying during a break up and a man being tearful, like a child leaving his mother and a woman leaving her father. 

I never got a chance to see Being There, I was out on a limb.     I attribute my keen skills of observance to my developmental disability.