Monday, August 20, 2012

My first impression of Ms. MacClaine’s book…

GOING WITHIN - Shirley Maclaine - Google Books

…It seems she unintentionally contradicts herself and her belief in channeling.  Having just cleared those thoughts from my mind, I can see she too may have been clearing away debris in order to gain mental clarity.   Some of her book sounds like physics (M-field), some metaphysics and some plain good sense I think she has aplenty.  Maybe, at the time of this publication, Ms. MacLaine was of two minds, struggling to resolve within herself her own battle with a higher level of perception and its ramifications.  I have come face to face with the power of desire, I find to be behind the motivation for one’s defense mechanisms. 

“Disease begins with a blockage of energy in the spirit”.   Based on my experience, this is profoundly accurate, but she goes on to then state “physical problems begin in the consciousness”.  My recent experience with the unconscious, which led me to discover the book, The Tinkling Bell, was proof enough to me mental illness resides in the unconscious mind while physical illness resides in the body.  What we manifest in our daily lives can easily be part of unconscious content in the mind.  It is also clear that which is in the unconscious mind can give rise to illnesses in the body.  The stress of the unknown and unknown stresses, I think to which MacClaine refers in her book, can wreak havoc on the human body, on human behavior and on the spirit.  If the stress is severe enough it can cause one to act out the content of one’s unconscious mind.  Unfortunately this does block ones awareness that one’s behavior is the result of the unconscious mind.  One would tend to think it was merely part of one’s daily life.  I feel certain this is what MacClaine intends to convey in her book, but like many minds in our modern society, they frequently get clogged like the drain in the kitchen sink. 

A handful of datura leaves, a trip to the market and some surfing on the internet, revealed to me the hidden cause of numerous episodes of suicidal ideations I have experienced since I was a freshman in college.  Here one can see Jung’s experience with the female patient and the scarab beetle defines the essence of the drama in the unconscious mind.  Unfortunately for his patient, she transferred her intuitive side, however briefly, to Jung who completed the drama for her by opening the window and grabbing the beetle.  It could be stated, the patient may have felt this to be a more masculine task and so passed it off to a man to complete.  Just to make a note of it, I have never read anything by Bela Abzug nor any other feminist.

Long before my own experience I uncovered publications by authors quoting Unamuno, a writer himself, regarding consciousness as taboo.  The motivation behind this, of course, is obvious.   Clearly a cult developed in which obscuring consciousness was the intention and so we can surmise Ms. MacClaine’s book could be basically a manifestation of the intentions of this cult to disrupt certain levels of human awareness.  Having no personal knowledge of her, but perceiving her objectively, I do feel obscuring consciousness was far from her intent by also putting her name and photograph on such a publication. 

sands of time2[4] little girls