Sunday, January 20, 2013

Something I thought about…updated

"Twilight Zone" The Silence (TV episode 1961) - IMDb

…in this film the challenge is to not talk with the mouth for a year.  This could be translated into not writing or typing which could give rise to cases of carpal tunnel syndrome and the surgical severing of the nerves in the wrist which prevents further writing or typing.

Writing and typing could give rise to the impulse to write or type or even play piano when one isn’t inclined to do so.  This might be the circumstances related to Kay’s incident in college when she tried to cut her wrists.   I have memories of my mother telling me to stop talking, likely a writer.   In the mind the film, then was translated into a writer or piano player cutting his wrists or erroneously having some surgery to stop the impulse which was of a physical nature.   This person may have come face to face with the reality of his work, related to that which I discovered  on my NLP blog about The Woman in Green.