Tuesday, August 20, 2013

How I learned my mother was hypnotized…

When I was roughly 3-4 years old my mother had a frightening nightmare. She was talking in her sleep and stated she saw a man behind a dressor[sic], dresser in our apartment. This woke me up and frightened me. My father woke up too. I jumped out of bed and got into bed with the two of them. My mother never moved a muscle or woke up. I wondered if she were dead. My father never got out of bed to inspect the situation. I once thought it was something to do with Jack the Ripper but I have changed my thinking about this. I have also discovered it was actually my father who intended getting out of bed to investigate my mother’s claims but instead I reacted to his intentions and jumped out of bed myself and into bed with them. This is also the same findings I assert are true about my stepping on the nail in the board demonstrated in The Woman in Green as a needle through the hand of the seated subject who’s arm rests on the chair. The suggestion in this film is also dramatized in Ordeal on Locust Street, but does not involve a needle. The film Twenty-Two, is a dramatization of a night club actress subjected to the suggestions in either one or both of these films, in which she is unable to hold a glass of water and because of the hypnotic suggestion and is shown knocking it to the floor but likely actually dropped it. There are subtle references to her being hypnotized by her Psychiatrist who is likely a writer, often referred to as an incubus or succubus in mythology. References to there being room for one more and a plain catching fire, also reported to be the demise of Buddy Holly and Patsy Cline, could also be the use of metaphor or slang associated with extracting dialogue from what has been viewed and turned into a novel or the next episode. Music or high levels of protein are usually required for this process. In my mother’s case she was likely pregnant with my sister and eating more calories.

Upon recollecting these details, and my behavior at the time, I am clear my mother was in a hypnotized state at the time of her nightmare which seems to be portrayed in the Twilight Zone film Twenty-Two. this would explain the reason she appeared to be neglectful in certain instances, such as permitting me to walk to school alone or not monitoring me in the yard playing. Lots of latch key kids come to mind.