Wednesday, August 21, 2013

How I learned my mother was hypnotized, revised version…

When I was roughly 3-4 years old my mother had a frightening nightmare. She was talking in her sleep and stated she saw a man behind a dressor[sic], dresser in our apartment. This woke me from my sleep and was sort of traumatic since I had never heard this before. My father woke up too. I jumped out of bed and got into bed with the two of my parents. My mother never moved a muscle nor woke up. I wondered if she were dead. My father never got out of bed to inspect the situation. I once thought it was something to do with Jack the Ripper but I have changed my thinking about this. I have also discovered it was actually my father who intended getting out of bed to investigate my mother’s claims but instead I reacted to his intentions and jumped out of bed myself and into bed with them. I also assert now, my father was hypnotized as well. Both my parents viewed the film. My father being a WWII Veteran likely dissociated or projected the film onto my mother who identified with the character Lydia. I have a psychic connection with my mother who decided she didn’t like Lydia and she projected that content in her mind onto me and I then projected the content onto my sister by giving her my Barbie Doll I had just gotten for Christmas. In the process of her thinking through what she has seen in the film, she then decided she liked the Doctor because she refused to believe she could be hypnotized, but the suggestions in the film created this belief, causing her to ignore what she was hearing in the film. Then discovering Watson was hypnotized she must have thought it best to stick with Holmes who was portrayed as being impervious to the whole matter, again misdirecting her focus from the dialogue and onto the characters and their actions. When it appeared Holmes might lose his life there were few choices left, one being Moriarty who jumped from the balcony, then fell to his death, Williams the hypnotized shooter or the man who hypnotized Watson. It seems she was left with identifying with Mr. Williams who was hypnotized and thus fell prey to the hypnotic suggestion. This is game theory.  These inner struggles can cause all kinds of anxiety and distress because they seem to leave the viewer with little choice to be free from the actions of any of the characters except Williams. Williams was taken into custody by Scotland Yard. It likely resulted in the arrest and incarceration of many young women in America. I have been incarcerated 5 times in my life, I am now 59 years old, the number of members in my family and I have been institutionalized in a psychiatric hospital at least 10 times. I could have spent the rest of my life viewing films to keep the content from being activated.

Sometime during my birth my mother and I were entangled with the Obstetrician. Somehow the O’briens in Cleveland, Ohio became involved and I think the dialogue and other history enmeshed in our lives was handled there as well. I continued to act out or rather re-enact things going on. At some point I think Gloria Steinem was the object of projections of the character Lydia also, who I have connected to the Twilight Zone film Mute. In my mother’s case it is clear these characters were projected back onto me, why I ended up in jail and in hospitals.

Williams was taken to the hospital. Not only did this cause my mother to identify with a male but it caused her to dissociate her feminine aspects she then projected onto me. Having no understanding of the necessity for clearing her thoughts from her mind, her thought processes dictated my behavior and I re-enacted her thinking by giving my sister the doll and in 2003 by purchasing three different coats each year for three years, all being colors of the coats and dress worn in the film, the green coat worn my Lydia first, the black coat worn by Watson, then the tan coat worn by Holmes. See Neurolinguistic programming, a case of helping or hurting. This caused my father to frequently appear to have female qualities at times, I had once attributed to his being a paternal twin. The content of the film criminalized female nurturing qualities by using gentle seductive speech with hypnotic suggestions and gestures, causing those who viewed it to become less nurturing and resentful not realizing why and basically unable to function in a feminine way and without returning them to that capacity as the character Lydia was arrested by the Yard. Until the content was cleared, no woman could return to normal functioning. After having seen the film, my mother resorted to throwing an ashtray at my father then pushing him over a chair causing him to stumble like Holmes did on the balcony wall. In another scene Lydia and Holmes are having cigarettes and cocktails. My father started rolling his own cigarettes and smoked a pipe on occasion for a brief time.

image

Being a young adult, observing the behaviors of others was still an active part of my mother’s psychological development as it also is with young children. Young children do observe others to learn how to behave, adults do it mostly to learn how not to behave. I think this drama between my mother, sister and I, is the phantasy Melanie Klein has described in her work with children and discussed in her book titled, The Psychoanalysis of Children. Of course there is more to it than a child passing things from parents to siblings. I also assert the same is true about my stepping on the nail in the board demonstrated in The Woman in Green, and in the film, was a needle through the hand of the seated subject who’s arm rests on the chair. The suggestion in this film is also dramatized in Ordeal on Locust Street, but does not involve a needle. The film Twenty-Two, is a dramatization of a night club actress subjected to the suggestions in either one or both of these films, in which she is unable to hold a glass of water because of the hypnotic suggestion and is shown knocking it to the floor but likely actually dropped it. This is a state of hypnosis but not as experienced by the actor but by the person unknown to us in the film who is likely asleep at the time this film was written. There are subtle references to the character being hypnotized by the Psychiatrist who in reality, is likely a writer, often referred to as an incubus or succubus in mythology. References to there being room for one more and a plane catching fire, also reported to be the demise of Buddy Holly and Patsy Cline, might be the use of metaphor or slang associated with extracting dialogue from what has been viewed and turned into a novel or the next episode. Music or high levels of protein are usually employed in this process. In my mother’s case she was likely pregnant with my sister and eating more calories.

Upon recollecting these details, and my behavior at the time, I am clear my mother was in a hypnotized state at the time of her nightmare and also possessed of my father’s hypnotized state, which seems to be portrayed in the Twilight Zone film Twenty-Two. This would explain the reason she appeared to be neglectful in her parenting in certain instances, such as permitting me to walk to school alone or not monitoring me in the yard playing. Lots of latch key kids come to mind.

It is clear the film, The Woman in Green created in society, that which Bernays and Freud put forth about human kind and his incapacity to be civil, I believe is clearly contrary to their beliefs.