Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Jung talks about this in Psychology and Religion, page 19 in my copy, Autonomy of the Unconscious Mind…

Last night I stepped out for a meal at the K&W.  Before returning home I decided to stop into the mall to make a purchase for a tub mat.  Upon leaving the store I encountered two young men who clearly intended giving me a lift.  I continued on and stopped as I intended going back to the store to get some mints and gum, then I encountered them again, lifting me at which time I became completely dissociated from my intentions and set on a course to leave the mall.  I passed four other young men who were clearly students on my way out of the mall who also lifted me.  I stopped along the way looking into the glass at the various shops to get my connection back together.  It took me about an hour after arriving home to reconnect with my desire for the mints and gum.   I then recalled I had been lifted by four young people on my way to the mall who had stopped into the Red Bowl where they play music and I found myself still there after being at home for two hours.  I could easily see the inside of the restaurant.   I also saw the exit sign located next to the K&W many times before finally calming down.

What's In Kay's Mind 2: This can easily be a block to consciousness…

It is easy for me to see how cults like that in which Unamuno may have cultivated in his time, would seek to obscure or remove those ideas which render one conscious.  Inflicting fear into the minds of others is clearly how this consciousness can be dissociated.  The cross does instill fear into the minds of many people why they are constantly in a state of unconsciousness, fear of the dark things they think in their own minds.  Police constantly parading themselves around people will often instill fear into even the most innocent and this is particularly true if the innocent have been programmed with ideas that police can be criminal or violent or untrustworthy.  Generally one who consciously breaks the law is not in fear of the law.  There are those who are in fear of the law but are possessed of some compulsion to break the law, they would otherwise not do in a more conscious state of mind.  They are more susceptible to dissociation that those who believe it is the right thing to do by obeying the law. One might say they should be an actress.  While this seems a safer avenue for dispelling the content. talking about the inclinations and feelings is an even safer means of managing the problem.  It rids the mind of the linguistic content controlling one’s behavior.  Not even writing can manage these kinds of manifestations when they present themselves.  

Just as I spoke out those words about my back being “stiff as a board”, which relieved me of my aching back, talking about the things one feels goes against one’s personal wishes are also the solution to ridding the mind of those inclinations.  The Jews do employ this in their lives by using the wailing wall.  The Catholics use the confessional, but here there is another ear listening to the words of the confessor, who is also susceptible to acting out what has been implanted into their limbic system, processed and returned hopefully in an improved state.