Monday, August 27, 2012

These two girls actually do not have schistosomiasis…

What's In Kay's Mind 2: We had quite a few of these around the Rectory where we lived in Hyde, NC…

…they represent the spirit of those two women who did contract it and were treated by Klosowski.   After starting this work I recollected swimming in a pond several times, then in a man made kind of pond in high school and again in college.   I was at the London Inn when I took their photograph.  Could this be some  vision a patient had in the asylum?   I was so used to taking pictures I hardly ever saw anything in the mind.  I stopped taking photographs in 1985 when I sold my Minolta.  It wasn’t until 1997 that I took some Kodak instamatic pictures around my home town.  Then I got a new film SLR in 2003. 

Who ever took pictures during early years of photography may have taken their pictures at some point before entering the mental hospital.